Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Birthdays

My Birthday 2012
Look closely. You will see the strained smile. The panicked look in my eyes that is screaming "HELP ME". We do this thing in my family where we keep celebrating holidays even though they are fails. My sister and I took this picture to lie to FB. That cake got thrown on me, FTR. You can imagine who threw it.
Boy#1's Birthday 2012
 

 My Birthday 2013

I took this picture on purpose, too. Because I remember the ill-fated party and picture from last year. I wanted to recognize that my life is much better now. It was a nice day - lots of nice people, sentiments, and fun. Good. I like this picture. I don't look like I'm about to crack up, so that. means. a. lot.


 Boy#1's Birthday 2013
That's right. I'm drunk. And, the best I could do with my kindle was to capture myself sort of smiling with my eyes closed. I make no promises when a birthday with that child will be enjoyable for me. Thankfully, it isn't about me. This is an improvement from last year. At least we actually left the house (which did lead me to drink). But, we went out!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment