Wednesday, June 12, 2013

MS and Schizophrenia (luckily i only have one of the disorders)



Schizophrenia.

Boy#1 is 13. It makes me feel creepy to blog about him. But, I will a little anyhow. He is struggling a little right now, but this is a historically bad time of the year. The summers seem to disrupt his thought pattern the most. He has been hospitalized this time of the year the most. He has forged a friendship with a very unique girl. She greets us in Japanese, she loves anime, she is pretty out there, and she doesn't seem to notice Boy#1 is out there, too.  I like it.

MS.

I had an MRI. T-spine and brain. I think it was a worst case sort of outcome. I'm not shocked by this. My old brain lesions have become dominant again (basically, recovery undone) and I have new active demylenation. Some new lesions in my frontal lobe, and other places. The frontal lobe is a kick in the pants because I'm moody enough already! Spine: there has been overall progression of multifocal (multiple locations) plaques and spinal cord swelling. These things make me feel sad.

I am off of IVig. I am supposed to start an injection series for adrenal fatigue. And, the new oral medication.

The other thing... The MRI picked up sinus problems. And, my only real complaint is that I have had these headaches with a lot of pressure in my forehead (I thought maybe a weird migraine). No, sinus stuff. So, I went to my ENT, he looked at the MRI and wanted to operate right away. Then, I went for a CT scan right then and he called 20 minutes later to tell me we need to wait because the infection was too severe to safely operate. So, next week. I also have to take doxycycline for 3 months. LOL

So, dammit.







No comments:

Post a Comment