Monday, May 20, 2013

The Kayak Homeschool Day



I sort of ranted last week about how failure is so awful and defines my parenting. I mean, it does some. Some days are fails. Some days are epic fails. But, a lot of days are just days. I'm the one who can choose to remember the good, right?

My post hurt my family's feelings. And, that makes me sad. Because it was really describing one day. Not every day. Considering the crazy I contend with, I am pretty happy. I choose to be. 

I've gotta say I owe it to my family and my homeschooling family. It is really awesome to have people around you are sharing the experience of raising and educating your children with. Also, it is lucky to make true friends. Friends you will not forget because we are in many ways each other's village.

Slowly, but surely!, I am letting these aspects of my life become more what defines me. I'm sitting here and I am still in my pajamas, but we did school. They learned something. 

We had our end of the year homeschool celebration and it was just a great day. It was pretty, fun, educational, and relaxing. Almost all of the kids learned to kayak - (my two bigger boys and the boy cousins LOVED it). And, you know what??? I went kayaking. Twice! Totally crazy. I took Boy#1 out in a kayak made for two. Then, I went out with my friend. The kayak instructor had asked me several times that day if I would go out and roll the kayak. So, I finally did. He gave me the wobbliest and most likely to flip kayak. So, I delivered. 

I used to be the kind of girl who would flip a kayak without persuasion. Bit by bit - I'm reclaiming her.

No comments:

Post a Comment